- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar, plus 1/2 cup for topping the casserole
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- preheat oven to 375f.
- bring a large pot of water to a boil and season the water with salt.
- spray a baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- cook the cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry.
- transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish.
- bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese and mustard until smooth.
- stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and garlic and whisk just until the cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- remove from heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine.
- top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes.
- serve warm
this is an occasional treat, remember portion size is important to keep healthy and fit!