Author: Pinch of Yum
- 5 Minute Magic Green Saucefor dressing
- 3 large tri-color carrots (I used one orange, one red, and one yellow)
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- generous sprinkling of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towels and toss with the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring or shaking the pan every once in a while to prevent over browning. The chickpeas are done when they are crispy and golden brown.
- Shred the vegetables into very thin ribbons or slices using a grater, peeler, mandoline, or spiralizer. It’s sort of up to you how you want the shape of the vegetables to be. After shreddng, press the zucchini lightly with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Toss the vegetables with the basil and set aside.
- Toss the vegetables with a scoop of Magic Green Sauce – start out with about ½ cup and add more if needed. Add the roasted chickpeas and toss gently to combine. Arrange the salad into bowls and serve immediately.
This salad does not keep well once tossed with the sauce. Keep all ingredients separate until ready to serve.