Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minute
- 2 medium beets, peeled, Blade C (spiralizer, noodles trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups baby kale
For the pesto:
- 3 cup basil leaves, packed
- ¼ cup of pinenuts
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ tsp grinded sea salt
- ¼ tsp grinded pepper
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- Set the oven to 425 degrees. On a baking sheet, spread out the beet noodles and coat with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until beets are cooked to al dente or your preference in doneness.
- While the noodles cook, combine all of the ingredients for the pesto into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust, if needed.
- Once beets are cooked, toss with pesto and the kale. Serve.
note: no sprializer? a julienne peeler works great for many vegetables, and if you’re skilled with a knife, you can chop just about anything up into spaghetti-like noodles.