32 peeled/deveined shrimp (about 1 lb)
1 (10-oz) can frozen margarita mix
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
16 (6-inch) wooden skewers
1 tablespoon green pepper sauce
1/2 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons canned cream of coconut
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Thaw shrimp, if needed. Preheat grill (or grill pan).
- Set margarita mix out to thaw. Chop cilantro.
- Place 4 shrimp on work surface; lay hand flat on shrimp and push pointed end of skewers through tail, then head, so shrimp will lie flat (repeat with remaining shrimp). Place skewers in single layer in shallow pan (wash hands). Whisk margarita mix and cilantro until blended; reserve 1/2 cup for later use. Pour remaining marinade over shrimp, turning to coat both sides; let stand 10 minutes to marinate.
- Stir pepper sauce into reserved marinade mixture; set aside. Whisk yogurt, cream of coconut, and red pepper until blended; set aside.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and coat with spray. Place shrimp on grill; grill 1–2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Brush shrimp with reserved marinade mixture during last minute of cook time.
- Place yogurt sauce on plate; top with shrimp and sprinkle with salt. Serve.