- 1/3 cuphoney mustard
- 2/3 cupreduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cupplain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoonpaprika
- 1 teaspoononion powder
- 1 teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoonchili powder
- 1/4 teaspoonground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 1 1/2 poundsskinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of visible fat
- 12metal or wooden skewers
- for the dipping sauce, mix the honey mustard and sour cream in a small bowl. cover and refrigerate until needed. this sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- in a small bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients; set aside.
- cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 long, thin strips. you should end up with about 12 strips. place the strips into a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. pour the marinade mixture over the chicken, and close the bag. then flip the bag a few times to ensure that all pieces are coated with marinade, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- when ready to cook, transfer the chicken to a colander to drain off excess marinade. with clean hands, skewer each piece of chicken, threading it onto the end of a skewer. continue until all of the chicken pieces are skewered.
- preheat the grill or grill pan to medium heat. cook for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side, testing chicken for doneness before serving (meat should be opaque). transfer skewers to a clean platter.
- remove the chicken from the skewers, if desired. serve chicken while hot with the dipping sauce alongside.